"Personal Data" means any information collected and logged in a format that allows us to identify your personally, either directly (e.g. name) or indirectly (e.g. telephone number). Before you provide us with this information, we recommend you to read this document, describing our guest privacy protection policy.
What information do we collect?
We collect your Personal Data that you enter while using the Website. Personal Data may include your name, phone number, email address, duration of residence, your booking preferences, and credit card details. When you visit our Website, we may also gather information which does not directly identify you personally but may be associated with your Personal Data: IP-address, your browser type, information about operating system of your computer, geographic data, nationality, search queries you use, as well as other general information related to the use of the Internet. In respect of your booking process, we can track the methods you used to make a reservation and from which website you did that.
Personal Data Protection
LikeHome takes appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your Personal Data against malicious or accidental destruction / alteration and unauthorized access or disclosure. When you submit credit card data, SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption technology is used to guarantee a secure transaction.
How we use the Personal Information
- Booking Apartments. First of all, we use your Personal Data to process and administer your bookings and for your accommodation in the selected apartment.
- Helpdesk for Guests. Our helpdesk provides round-the-clock support for our guests. This information enables us to provide you with timely assistance when you need it, including assistance in finding the necessary apartments and answering your questions related to your booking.
- Guests' Feedback. To facilitate the selection of apartments for our Website users, we publish feedback written by our guests who have already used our services. If you use our services, we may send you a questionnaire or ask for your feedback about the accommodation. We can also specify your name in your feedback which we publish on the Website.
- Improving the quality of our services.
- We may use your Personal Data when we create marketing programs in order to understand your needs and preferences. For example, we may use your contact details to inform you about LikeHome special offers and new services. We can also send you regular newsletters by email. You can unsubscribe from marketing messages at any time by using the "Unsubscribe" link, which is included in each letter.
- Booking confirmation emails, messages sent during your stay and guest review emails that you receive after your departure are not marketing messages as these are part of your booking process. You will receive these even if you unsubscribe from our marketing messages. The guest review is completely optional, but will help other customers make an informed decision.
- The use of your Personal Data may be necessary when dealing with complaints, claims, as well as to respond to your requests.
- If you haven’t completed your online booking, you can get an email reminding you about your unfinished booking. We believe that this service is useful for you because it allows you to continue your reservation instead of having to look for accommodation options again.
- Fraud Detection and Prevention. We may also use your Personal Data to detect and prevent fraud and/or other illegal activities.
Conditions of Third-Party Access to Your Personal Data
We may share your Personal Data with third parties subject to certain conditions.
- In order to offer you the best service, we can share your Personal Data within our company and give access to it to our authorized personnel, including:
- Reservation Department staff
- Accommodation Department staff
- IT Department staff
- Commercial partners and marketing services
- Health care services (if necessary)
- Legal services (if necessary)
- Generally, any appropriate person of LikeHome who is given access to certain specific categories of Personal Data.
- Service providers and partners. We may use service providers for purposes such as simplifying the booking payment process, sending our advertising materials, or analytical support services. All such third parties undertake to ensure the security and confidentiality of Personal Data and to process Personal Data only in accordance with our instructions.
- Disclosure to Competent Authorities. We may disclose your Personal Data to governmental authorities if required by law or if necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal offenses and fraud. In all the above situations, the recipient of Personal Data can be located in a jurisdiction where the level of data protection may differ from the standards of your jurisdiction.
What are cookies?
Cookies and other similar tracers are packets of data used by servers to exchange status information with a user's browser.
There are different types of cookies:
- Session cookies, which are deleted as soon as you exit the browser or leave the website.
- Persistent cookies, which remain on your device until their expiration or until you delete them using the features of your browser.
- Adapt the Website www.likehome.ru to the display on your device according to your preferences such as language, currency, display resolution, operating system used, configuration and settings of the display of web pages based on the device you are using and its location, etc.
- Store specific information that you enter on Website www.likehome.ru in order to facilitate and customize your subsequent visits.
- Perform analysis based on user behavior on the Website, to understand how visitors use it, which features are efficient and which are not, to optimize the Website and improve its performance and to ensure that we remain interesting and relevant to our users. We collect information about the pages you visited, the sequence of pages you visited and the pages from which you left the Website, the platform type you used, date and time of your visit to the Website, about the movements of your cursor and scrolling, your search queries and text that you enter using our Website.
- Show LikeHome advertisements to you on other websites.
Although most browsers are set by default to accept cookies, you can, if you desire, choose to accept all cookies, always block cookies, or choose which cookies to accept based on their senders.
Regarding management of cookies and your preferences, configuration varies for each browser. This is described in detail in the Help menu of your browser. You can always change the configuration of your browser as regards saving cookies. By configuring your browser, you can also delete cookies from your device from time to time. If you want to delete cookies from the device where you have multiple browsers, be sure to do it in all of them.
You can block cookies at your discretion. If you set your browser to block cookies, some features, pages and spaces on our Website will not be accessible. We cannot be held responsible for this in cases when you block cookies at your device.
We may modify this Policy from time to time. Consequently, we recommend that you consult it regularly. The document was last updated on the day specified hereunder.
You can always review your Personal Data that we store. To obtain such information you need to send us a request by email to email@example.com with the subject line "Personal Data Request", attaching a copy of your identity document (passport or driver's license), which is needed in order to avoid the disclosure of your Personal Data to unauthorized persons.
You may also exercise your right to object to the use of your Personal Data or to ask to modify them; if you wish to do so, contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
However, we may need to retain certain information, e.g., for legal or administrative purposes, such as accounting or to detect fraudulent activity.
Last update: April 2015